Sunday, March 4, 2012

Tech Tools to Simplify Your Life

One of my favorite sessions was "Tech Tools to Simplify Your Life."  Not only will I use many of the tools in there, but with our new class, "Emerging Technologies" next school year, I have a myriad of new resources for that class!!


The resources from this session, which provided a myriad of Web 2.0 tools, can be found at:
http://fernandezc4.zapd.net/


My favorite "new tool" is Symbaloo, a creative and attractive social bookmarking site.  The sites become icons that serve as links to the various sites.  It also provides additional Web 2.0 resources from which a user can add to their "favorites," providing a learning opportunity in itself!!


I envision using this two ways.


1. Creating a webmix for each class with tools specifically for that class.
2. Showing my students how to develop their own set of tools to use in other classes and to build their own network of resources.


The direct link to the EDU Symbaloo is:
http://edu.symbaloo.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment