Monday, March 5, 2012

ICE 2012 - Putting your class online

Putting your course online - Friday 3/2/2012 - This session was presented by Pete Dulany.  His presentation focus on using CourseSites as a classroom LMS.  This was easily the best session that I attended at ICE.  Like Moodle or Blackboard, CourseSites allows you to manage practically every aspect of your connected classroom.  I found the program easier to use, and more complete than Moodle.  It was more visually appealing, and like Moodle, it is free - although you are limited to five "active" class classes.  I am using CourseSites to develop a student course focusing on digital literacy and NETS.  I am also working on a PD course for teachers.  Finally, I am in the planning stages of creating an online course for Google Apps.  CourseSites is one of the best products that I have seen - and yes, Google Apps, and Infinite Campus can both be integrated into this LMS.

No comments:

Post a Comment