Session: TEACHING SMARTER NOT HARDER USING THE IPAD, IPHONE, ITOUCH, ICE CONFERENCE, 2012
Teacher Assistant (Lesson Portal, LLC)
Definitely one of the most practical for teachers. I already have installed full app (free version or $6.99) yes, pricey) It will track Student Behavior and Classroom Habits--Ipad or Itouch, Iphone
Personal comments: For myself, I view this app as an excellent way to accumulate data for a student-teacher conference to work out strategies to change or reward behavior. Currently, I use sticky notes, evernotes, notes on margins of pages and at the end of the day most are lost or forgotten. The presenter uses it in 1st grade--still applicable for high school students!
- security code available (student confidentiality)
- iphone or ipad gives easy and ready access to record daily student habit data for student or parent conference
- Imports your roster from your contacts, csv, manually; can categorized by class period-Can set up several classes
- Action--whatever you want. After you enter/edit a list of behaviors, you check off. Examples: no homework, phone out, earbuds, sleeping in class, not participating in group work,& good behavior too!
- auto records date and time
- teacher response
- (I added a new field for student response)
location--you add rooms, computer lab, resource center, gym, then its just a check mark
- parent notified
- color label
- Keeps record for each student and is easy to email to self, parent, administrator or print out.
- Presenter commented that the app author is excellent and updates ideas from users who
- give feedback.video tutorials on youtube
- Dropbox exportable (for backup)